including GST 10.00 %
Ornamental pears "Capital" (Pyrus) are among the hardiest and easiest to grow of all garden trees, able to tolerate low levels of drought and intermittently wet sites including clay soils.
Ornamental pear trees have many shapes and sizes featuring varying combinations of excellent foliage, bright autumn colours and white spring blossom.
- Height (metres) 11m
- Width (metres) 3m
- Growth Rate Moderate.
- Habit: Narrowly Columnar and compact
- Foliage: Lustrous, dark green leaves changing to reddish-purple late in the season.
- Flowers: Abundant white flowers produced in large corymbs during spring.
- Fruit: Small, russet coloured fruit. Inedible.
- Bark:Greyish-brown and lightly furrowed.
- Tolerances: Adaptable to a wide range of site conditions including quite dry conditions, slightly alkaline soils and air pollution. Able to handle intermittently wet, heavy soils.
- Comments: Best grown in full sun. Good disease resistance.